Tuesday

end of the year!


It is amazing to think that in just a few weeks, junior year will be over, and I will be a senior. Even more bizarre is the fact that my sister will be a freshman next year. With all of this year’s college visits, my mom has become lugubrious about the fact that I will be leaving for college in a little over a year. Of course she is delighted about all that I have achieved this past year, but she does not know how to survive those years when I am away at school, and my sister is going through the bad teenage years. I advised her she could pay homage to my name by buying another dog, and naming it after me. This way, she could “speak” to me and hear my name around the house, even when I am not there. However, this could be a problem, since my sister, my dog, and I all have names with homogenous sounds. Even now, she mixes up our names: Kimberly, Carly, and Coko.

Although it seems like the year has begun to wind down, it is really just the beginning of the hectic weeks ahead. The idea of resting after school and relaxing on the weekends is an ostensible thought. My days have turned into waking up, coming into school early, working all day, coming home, working all night, going to bed late, and starting the cycle over again the next morning. This routine debilitates me, considering I am the person who would go to bed at 8:00 every night if it were possible. The only thing that keeps me running every day is the count on my iCal. Counting down the days until my birthday, prom, and my license (which coincidentally all occur the same weekend). The issue with counting down to these days is that prom always creates problems. Whether someone feels ostracized from the table, there is a dispute for where to take pictures, or the talk about dates, this time is always filled with the malevolent and enjoyable incidences.

No comments:

Post a Comment